What to Bring
- Wrestling shoes, headgear, running shoes, workout shirts and shorts, sweatshirt, swim suit
- Laundry Bag, detergent (no coins—laundry is free)
- Towels and Toiletries
- Pillow, Sheets, Blankets – dorm beds do not come equipped with linens
- Fan – dorms are not air-conditioned
- Money to purchase gear and snacks
- Key Lanyard (see “Lost Key Fees” section below)
Check In & Check Out Times and Locations
Week One: June 25th – 28th
- Technique Camp 1 & Intensive Camp 1 overnight campers will check in on June 25th from 12:00-12:30pm on the front lawn of the Rinconada dormitory in Wilbur Hall (search “Rinconada” here). Overnight campers will stay in Rinconada and eat in Wilbur Dining during this week. Check Out will take place at this same location on June 28th from 4:00pm-5:00pm.
- Technique Camp 1 commuters should check in on June 25th at 1:30pm on the San Diego Court in the Ford Center, which is located at 615 Serra Street, Stanford, CA 94305. They will be released from the same location at 8:30pm on June 25th, 26th, and 27th. They should arrive back in the Ford Center at 8:40am on June 26th, 27th, and 28th. Check out will be at 4:00pm on June 28th, again in the Ford Center.
- Intensive Camp 1 commuters should check in on June 25th at 1:00pm in front of the Rinconada dorm in Wilbur Hall (search “Wilbur – Rinconada” here). Intensive commuters will be released from the San Diego Court in the Ford Center at 8:30pm on June 25th, 26th, and 27th. They should arrive back at the dorm (Rinconada) at 6:15am on June 26th, 27th, and 28th. Check Out will be at 4:00pm on June 28th in the Ford Center. If it helps to remember: all intensive camper drop-offs should be at the dorm, all pick-ups at the Ford Center.
Week Two: July 2nd – 5th
- Technique Camp 2 & Intensive Camp 2 overnight campers will check in on July 2nd from 12:00-12:30pm on the front lawn of the Trancos dormitory in Wilbur Hall (search “Trancos” here). Overnight campers will stay in Trancos and eat in Wilbur Dining during this week. Check Out will take place at this same location on July 5th from 4:00pm-5:00pm.
- Technique Camp 2 commuters should check in on July 2nd at 1:30pm on the San Diego Court in the Ford Center, which is located at 615 Serra Street, Stanford, CA 94305. They will be released from the same location at 8:30pm on July 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. They should arrive back in the Ford Center at 8:40am on July 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Check out will be at 4:00pm on July 5th, again in the Ford Center.
- Intensive Camp 2 commuters should check in on July 2nd at 1:00pm in front of the Trancos dorm in Wilbur Hall (search “Wilbur – Trancos” here). Intensive commuters will be released from the San Diego Court in the Ford Center at 8:30pm on July 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. They should arrive back at the dorm (Trancos) at 6:15am on July 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Check Out will be at 4:00pm on July 5th in the Ford Center. If it helps to remember: all intensive camper drop-offs should be at the dorm, all pick-ups at the Ford Center.
Overnight campers: Parents needing to park their cars during check in and check out can park in any available spots along Escondido Road, or in the Wilbur Field Garage (this is an underground lot). If you can’t find street parking, it may be easiest to drop off campers and unload luggage in front of Wilbur Hall prior to parking in the garage. Parking is free of charge on Sundays and any time after 4:00pm on weekdays.
Commuter campers: For parents wishing to park while dropping off or picking up their campers, there is metered parking available in the Maples Pavilion Lot adjacent to Maples Pavilion (655 Campus Drive). The entrance to this lot is on Campus Drive. Additional parking is available in the Varsity or Track House lots. The Varsity lot is accessible from Nelson Road off Galvez Street, and the Track House lot is on the corner of Galvez Street and Nelson Road (enter from Nelson Road). Any commuter campers wishing to park their cars on campus for more than two hours at a time should contact Stanford’s Parking and Transportation Services Office to obtain daily visitor “scratcher” permits.
All Technique & Intensive Camp sessions (both weeks) will take place on the San Diego Court in the Ford Center, which is located at 615 Serra Street, Stanford, CA 94305. See “Facilities” page for more detailed information.
Maps & Directions
For campus maps and directions, please visit this Searchable Campus Map.
Lost Key Fees
For Overnight campers ONLY: If a dormitory room key is lost, the University bills the Stanford wrestling program $185 for key and lock replacement fees. Please be aware that if you lose your key we will be forced to charge your credit card an additional $185! We recommend bringing a lanyard to camp in order to keep track of your keys at all times.
If you are flying in for camp, the best arrival airport would be either San Jose Airport or San Francisco International Airport (both are within a 30 minute drive to campus). Our camp cannot, however, provide transportation to and from any of these local airports. If you need transportation to and from these airports, we recommend SuperShuttle (800-258-3826 / www.supershuttle.com) or South & East Bay Shuttle (408-559-9477 / www.southandeastbayairportshuttle.com).
Early Arrivals/Late Departures
Campers who must arrive one day early or depart one day after camp ends can sign up for our extra night program. The fee for extra nights is $125/night and includes lodging and supervision in the dorms. You will have to notify Camp Director Ray Blake of the dates of any extra nights at least two weeks prior to the start of camp and mail in an additional check for $125/extra night made out to Cardinal Wrestling Camps.
In the unlikely event that you become unable to attend camp after submitting registration and payment, we can offer a 95% refund of your camp registration fee up until one week (7 days) before camp begins. If you have to withdraw from camp after you arrive due to family emergency, illness, injury, or another sudden event, we can only offer a pro-rated refund based on the number of sessions/days transpired.
We offer a Team Discount of $25 per wrestler for all groups that register eight (8) or more campers at the same time. Due to NCAA rules, however, WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER ANY TYPE OF NEED-BASED FINANCIAL AID TO ANY CAMPERS ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. Please do not contact us for an exemption to this rule as we will not be able to grant it.
We have an Open Door Policy which allows high school and club coaches to come in and watch their campers during any and all practice sessions. However, due to University policy, no coaches or parents are allowed to stay overnight in the Stanford dorms.
Our camps are open to both males and female participants. All campers will stay in the same (coed) dorm, but of course female campers will have female roommates, plus their own separate bathroom & shower facilities.
Parents often ask if there is a difference between Technique Camp 1 and Technique Camp 2, and likewise, between Intensive Camp 1 and Intensive Camp 2. The short answer is no; in structure, our Week 1 and Week 2 camps are the same (i.e. there is no progression from one to the next). We have a number of campers that attend both weeks each year for various reasons (reinforcement of techniques covered, exposure to different training partners, etc.), but in no way is it necessary. Most campers attend just one week based on what best fits their own personal schedules.