What to Bring
- Wrestling shoes, headgear, running shoes, workout shirts and shorts, sweatshirt, swim suit
- Laundry Bag, detergent (no coins—laundry is free)
- Towels and Toiletries
- Pillow, Sheets, Blankets – dorm beds do not come equipped with linens
- Fan – dorms are not air-conditioned
- Money to purchase gear and snacks
- Key deposit check
Check In & Check Out Times and Locations
Commuter Camp: June 17th-20th
- Campers should arrive at the Weintz Family Wrestling Room in the basement of the Arrillaga Family Sports Center on the Stanford campus at 8:45am daily from June 17th-20th. They will be released from the same location each day at 3:30pm.
Overnight Week One: June 23rd-26th
- Check In for Technique Camp 1 & Intensive Camp 1 will take place on June 23rd from 12:00-12:30pm on the front lawn of the Burbank House in Stern Hall on the Stanford campus (search “Stern – Burbank” in the maps link listed below). The Burbank lawn is located on Arguello Way. Check Out will take place at the same location on June 26th from 4:00pm-5:00pm.
Overnight Week Two: June 30th – July 3rd
- Check In for Technique Camp 2 & Intensive Camp 2 will take place on June 30th from 12:00-12:30pm in front of the Larkin North dormitory entrance in Stern Hall on the Stanford Campus (search “Stern – Larkin North” in the maps link listed below). The Larkin North entrance is just past the cul-de-sac at the end of Escondido Road. Check Out will take place at the same location on July 3rd from 4:00pm-5:00pm.
Overnight campers: Parents needing to park their cars during check in and check out can park in any available space along the main streets OR in Parking Structure 6 located at 560 Wilbur Way, Stanford, CA 94305 (please note that this is an underground parking garage). Parking is free of charge on Sundays and any time after 4:00pm on weekdays.
Commuter campers: For parents wishing to park while dropping off or picking up their campers, there is metered parking available in the Maples Pavilion Lot adjacent to Maples Pavilion (655 Campus Drive). The entrance to this lot is on Campus Drive. Additional parking is available in the Varsity or Track House lots. The Varsity lot is accessible from Nelson Road off Galvez Street, and the Track House lot is on the corner of Galvez Street and Nelson Road (enter from Nelson Road). Any commuter campers wishing to park their cars on campus for more than two hours at a time should contact Stanford’s Parking and Transportation Services Office to obtain daily visitor “scratcher” permits.
Maps & Directions
For campus maps and directions, please visit this Searchable Campus Map.
For Overnight campers ONLY: If a dormitory room key is lost, the University bills the Stanford wrestling program $135 for key and lock replacement fees. Therefore, we ask that you bring a $135 deposit check payable to Cardinal Wrestling Camps. This check will be collected at check-In and returned to you at the end of the week in exchange for your key.
If you are flying in for camp, the best arrival airport would be either San Jose Airport of San Francisco International Airport (both are within a 30 minute drive to campus). Our camp cannot, however, provide transportation to and from any of these local airports. If you need transportation to and from these airports, we recommend SuperShuttle: 1-800-258-3826 or www.supershuttle.com.
Early Arrivals/Late Departures
Campers who must arrive one day early or depart one day after camp ends can sign up for our extra night program. The fee for extra nights is $85/night and includes meals, lodging, and supervision in the dorms. You will have to notify Camp Director Ray Blake of the dates of any extra nights and mail in an additional check for $85/extra night made out to Cardinal Wrestling Camps.
In the unlikely event that you become unable to attend camp after submitting registration and payment, we can offer a 95% refund of your camp registration fee up until the day before camp begins. If you have to withdraw from camp after you arrive due to family emergency, illness, injury, or another sudden event, we can only offer a pro-rated refund based on the number of sessions/days transpired.
We offer a Team Discount of $25 per wrestler for all groups that register eight (8) or more campers at the same time. Due to NCAA rules, however, WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER ANY TYPE OF NEED-BASED FINANCIAL AID TO ANY CAMPERS ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. Please do not contact us for an exemption to this rule as we will not be able to grant it.
We have an Open Door Policy which allows high school and club coaches to come in and watch their campers during any and all practice sessions. However, due to University policy, no coaches or parents are allowed to stay overnight in the Stanford dorms.