What to Bring
- Wrestling shoes, headgear, running shoes, workout shirts and shorts, sweatshirt, swim suit
- Laundry Bag, detergent (no coins—laundry is free)
- Towels and Toiletries
- Pillow, Sheets, Blankets – dorm beds do not come equipped with linens
- Fan – dorms are not air-conditioned
- Money to purchase gear and snacks
- Key Lanyard (see “Lost Key Fees” section below)
Check In & Check Out Times and Locations
Commuter Camp: June 15th-18th
- Campers should arrive at the Stanford Wrestling Room in the basement of the Arrillaga Family Sports Center on the Stanford campus at 8:45am daily from June 15th-18th. They will be released from the same location each day at 3:00pm.
Overnight Week One: June 28th – July 1st
- Check In for Technique Camp 1 & Intensive Camp 1 will take place on June 28th from 12:00-12:30pm on the front lawn of the Junipero dormitory in Wilbur Hall on Stanford’s campus (Search “Wilbur – Junipero” on the Campus Map link below). Check Out will take place at this same location on July 1st from 4:00pm-5:00pm.
Overnight Week Two: July 5th – July 8th
- Check In for Technique Camp 2 & Intensive Camp 2 will take place on July 5th from 12:00-12:30pm on the front lawn of the Cedro dormitory in Wilbur Hall on Stanford’s campus (Search “Wilbur – Cedro” on the Campus Map link below). Check Out will take place at the same location on July 8th from 4:00pm-5:00pm.
Overnight campers: Parents needing to park their cars during check in and check out can park in the large parking lot located between Campus Drive and Wilbur Hall. Parking is free of charge on Sundays and any time after 4:00pm on weekdays.
Commuter campers: For parents wishing to park while dropping off or picking up their campers, there is metered parking available in the Maples Pavilion Lot adjacent to Maples Pavilion (655 Campus Drive). The entrance to this lot is on Campus Drive. Additional parking is available in the Varsity or Track House lots. The Varsity lot is accessible from Nelson Road off Galvez Street, and the Track House lot is on the corner of Galvez Street and Nelson Road (enter from Nelson Road). Any commuter campers wishing to park their cars on campus for more than two hours at a time should contact Stanford’s Parking and Transportation Services Office to obtain daily visitor “scratcher” permits.
All Youth, Commuter, and Intensive (both weeks) Camp sessions will take place in the Stanford Wrestling Room located in the basement of the Arrillaga Family Sports Center (641 East Campus Drive). Technique Camp (both weeks) sessions will be held in Burnham Pavilion (615 Serra Street).
Maps & Directions
For campus maps and directions, please visit this Searchable Campus Map.
Lost Key Fees
For Overnight campers ONLY: If a dormitory room key is lost, the University bills the Stanford wrestling program $185 for key and lock replacement fees. We are no longer collecting key deposit checks; however, please be aware that if your key is lost we will be forced to charge your credit card an additional $185! We recommend bringing a lanyard to camp in order to keep track of your keys at all times.
If you are flying in for camp, the best arrival airport would be either San Jose Airport or San Francisco International Airport (both are within a 30 minute drive to campus). Our camp cannot, however, provide transportation to and from any of these local airports. If you need transportation to and from these airports, we recommend SuperShuttle (800-258-3826 / www.supershuttle.com) or South & East Bay Shuttle (408-559-9477 / www.southandeastbayairportshuttle.com).
Early Arrivals/Late Departures
Campers who must arrive one day early or depart one day after camp ends can sign up for our extra night program. The fee for extra nights is $100/night and includes meals, lodging, and supervision in the dorms. You will have to notify Camp Director Ray Blake of the dates of any extra nights at least two weeks in prior to the start of camp and mail in an additional check for $100/extra night made out to Cardinal Wrestling Camps.
In the unlikely event that you become unable to attend camp after submitting registration and payment, we can offer a 95% refund of your camp registration fee up until three (3) days before camp begins. If you have to withdraw from camp after you arrive due to family emergency, illness, injury, or another sudden event, we can only offer a pro-rated refund based on the number of sessions/days transpired.
We offer a Team Discount of $25 per wrestler for all groups that register eight (8) or more campers at the same time. Due to NCAA rules, however, WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER ANY TYPE OF NEED-BASED FINANCIAL AID TO ANY CAMPERS ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. Please do not contact us for an exemption to this rule as we will not be able to grant it.
We have an Open Door Policy which allows high school and club coaches to come in and watch their campers during any and all practice sessions. However, due to University policy, no coaches or parents are allowed to stay overnight in the Stanford dorms.
Parents often ask if there is a difference between Technique Camp 1 and Technique Camp 2, and likewise, between Intensive Camp 1 and Intensive Camp 2. The short answer is no; in structure, our Week 1 and Week 2 camps are the same (i.e. there is no progression from one to the next). We have a number of campers that attend both weeks each year for various reasons (reinforcement of techniques covered, exposure to different training partners, etc.), but in no way is it necessary. Most campers attend just one week based on what best fits their own personal schedules.